VM Foundation Master Plan “Head-Start” Scholarship
This scholarship is a one-time scholarship offered to a student who will be starting the final year of an undergraduate or master’s degree programme. The scholarship is valued at two hundred thousand ($200,000.00) dollars. All applicants must have an active VMBS account.
- Name of Scholarship/Award/Grant/Fellowship: VM Foundation Master Plan “Head-Start” Scholarship
- Specialist Area of Study: First Degree or Masters Degree
- Course of Study: N/A
- Be an active VMBS Saver.
- Completed a VM Foundation Master Plan “Head-Start” Scholarship Application Form.
- Not be a recipient of any other Scholarship in the given year.
- Be attending a local tertiary institution and in final year of studies.
- Age: 18 years and over
- Gender: Male or Female
- Amount Awarded: JMD $200,000
- Number of awards being offered: One (1)
- Deadline for applications: June 26, 2020
- Where tenable: Any local tertiary institution
- Name of Organization: The Victoria Mutual Foundation
- Organization Telephone Number: (876) 754-8627
- Organization Url/Website: vm.foundation
- Organization Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Name: Naketa West
- Contact Title: Manager, Victoria Mutual Foundation
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Number: (876) 754-8627 Ext.5232
IF YOU’RE NOT A VMBS SAVER, BECOME A MEMBER NOW TO QUALIFY!
Scholarship Awards General Terms & Conditions
The following dictates the general terms and regulations governing the Victoria Mutual Foundation Scholarship Awards programme.
The Victoria Mutual Foundation is hereby known as the donor.
- Each award shall be known as a VICTORIA MUTUAL FOUNDATION AWARD.
- Scholarships shall be tenable for the following: High/Secondary Schools, the University of the West Indies, the University of Technology, the College of Agriculture Science and Education, The Mico University College, the Edna Manley School of the Visual Arts and any other tertiary institution approved by the donor.
- The donor shall appoint a panel of selectors and a named Chairman. The panel will make the selection and recommend to the donor for approval.
- (a) The candidate must be a Jamaican who attended school in Jamaica for at least the five years proceeding the year of application.
(b) Must be a person of good character, disciplined and self-motivated.
- Each candidate must have already been accepted by or be already attending the named institution to pursue a full time course of study.
- Each scholarship is awarded on basis of academic achievement, financial need, community/extra-curricular activities and leadership qualities, as well as general attitude, deportment and behaviour of the student.
- All evidence of examinations passed must accompany the application form when completed and is subject to verification by the Ministry of Education where applicable.
- An application will not be considered if all the supporting documents are not received along with it by the deadline date.
- Any candidate who receives a scholarship award from any other source shall not be eligible for consideration.
- Any candidate, to whom this scholarship award is made, shall not simultaneously hold any other scholarship award or any other award which would impair the awardee’s ability to fulfill the conditions of this scholarship.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS BY VICTORIA MUTUAL FOUNDATION
i) The holder of the scholarship award shall pursue the course of study named in the application and approved by the donor and any alteration made without the prior approval of the donor may result in a withdrawal of the scholarship at the donor’s sole discretion.
ii) The value of the scholarship and the installments, which will be paid by the donor, will be determined solely by the donors in accordance with the approved course of study.
iii) The scholarship awardee is expected to maintain an above-average grade (at least B) in all subjects being pursued in the course of study, as well as full participation in the institution’s activities and a consistently high level of performance.
iv) The donor shall require semester reports from the institution, regarding the aptitude, attitude, performance and conduct of the awardee and such information and other considerations shall be used by the donor in evaluating the continuation or withdrawal of the scholarship from the awardee.
v) The donor reserves the right to utilize images of the awardees in press publications (print and/or electronic) as it sees fit, for publicity purposes.
vi) Each awardee shall sign an agreement with the donor indicating that he has read, accepted and will honour the terms and conditions of the scholarship award and that the donor reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship award if the awardee fails to meet any or all of the general conditions, special conditions and regulations governing the award.