2019 Race to Winnings
2019 Race to Winnings
Savings Incentive Promotion
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be Eighteen (18) years or older and must be the primary account holder on an active Jamaican dollar savings or deposit account at The Victoria Mutual Building Society;
- All eligible account holders with a balance of J$100,000 or over at the end of the promotional period are automatically entered for the grand prize draw; each entered account must have a minimum balance of J$50,000 in new funds on the final date of deposit indicated for each interim draw to be eligible to win one of the interim cash prizes. ;
- Only Jamaican dollar accounts in the names of individuals will be eligible for entry in the competition. Accounts in the names of companies, churches or other institutions will not be included;
- New and existing Victoria Mutual Building Society savings or deposit account holders who have been entered in the promotion, will receive one (1) chance for every J$20,000 of new funds added to their savings or deposit account during the period April 17, 2019 – December 13, 2019;
- Existing Victoria Mutual Building Society savings or deposit account holders who have been entered in the promotion will receive an entry for balances of J$50,000 or more held in their savings or deposit account prior to April 17, 2019 as a reward for their membership. These entries will remain for each draw date;
- The final date for deposits to Victoria Mutual Building Society savings or deposit accounts to be eligible for each interim and final drawings are Friday June 28, 2019, Friday August 30, 2019 and Friday December 13, 2019.
- Winners will be randomly selected electronically. All draws will be supervised by the selected auditors and as required, the Betting Gaming and Lotteries Commission (BGLC);
- The promotion will be conducted throughout all Victoria Mutual Building Society locations. The names and addresses of the locations are as follows:
- Duke Street: 8-10 Duke Street, Kingston
- Falmouth: 16 Market Street, Falmouth, Trelawny
- Half-Way-Tree: 73-75 Half-Way Tree Rd., Kgn.10.
- Liguanea: 115 Hope Road, Kingston 6
- Linstead: 110 King Street, Linstead, St. Catherine
- Mandeville: Manchester Shopping Centre Shop #3, Mandeville, Manchester
- May Pen: 40 Main Street, May Pen, Clarendon
- Montego Bay: 7 Market Street, Montego Bay, St. James,
- Montego Bay: Unit 33 Fairview Shopping Centre, Montego Bay, St. James
- New Kingston: 53 Knutsford Boulevard, Kingston 5
- Ocho Rios: 7 Newlin Street, Ocho Rios, St. Ann
- Papine: University of Technology (UTech), 237 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6
- Portmore: Lot 1, Sea Grape Close, Portmore, St. Catherine
- Santa Cruz: 56 Main Street, Santa Cruz, St. Elizabeth
- Savanna-la-Mar: 123 Great George Street, Savanna-la-Mar, Westmoreland
- Spanish Town: 22 Oxford Road, Spanish Town, St. Catherine
- Each prize drawing will take place at approximately 11:00 a.m. at the Victoria Mutual Corporate Office, 73 – 75 Half-Way Tree Road, Kingston 10. Five interim winners will be selected on Wednesday July 3, 2019, Five Interim winners will be selected on Wednesday September 4, 2019 and three grand prize winners will be drawn on Wednesday December 18, 2019
- Confirmation of entries will be completed within thirty-six (36) hours of the draw. All winners will be contacted by telephone or email and announced in the media no later than ten (10) working days after confirmation. A minimum of five (5) attempts will be made to contact selected winners within five (5) working days of each draw.
- Employees and directors of the Victoria Mutual Building Society or its subsidiary companies, or their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the promotion.
- Immediate family members include: spouse, children, parents, siblings and in-laws. Subsidiary companies include: Victoria Mutual Wealth Management, Victoria Mutual Property Services Ltd., Victoria Mutual Pensions Management, VMBS Money Transfer Services, Victoria Mutual Finance Ltd. and VMBS Overseas (UK) Ltd and Victoria Mutual affiliate, British Caribbean Insurance Company.
- Employees of Victoria Mutual’s Advertising Agency are not eligible for entry in the competition.
- A total of Thirteen (13) winners will be awarded cash prizes in the promotion with the following breakdown; Three (3) winners in the main prize category and Ten (10) winners in the Interim Prize category.
- Victoria Mutual reserves the right to use the names and photographs of the winners in its advertisements or other promotional material.
- All winners are required to present a valid government-issued identification to collect the prize (Passport, Drivers’ Licence or National ID).
- Five (5) alternate winners will be selected for each prize. Victoria Mutual reserves the right to award prizes to an alternate winner if:
- Winners cannot be contacted within five (5) days of the draw date
- Prizes are not claimed within twenty-eight (28) days of the notification date. Unclaimed prizes will remain the property of the Victoria Mutual Building Society
- Winners refuse to have their name and photograph appear in the media
PRIZE CATEGORIES IN THE RACE TO WINNINGS PROMOTIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- First Prize: One Million Dollars ($1,000,000)
- Second Prize: Five Hundred Thousand ($500,000)
- Third Prize: Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand ($250,000)
- Ten winners of $10,000 each
If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact 876-754-8627 or firstname.lastname@example.org .